15 things Frozen Wonderland want YOU to know Bundaberg
15 Things Frozen Wonderland want YOU to know Bundaberg
I had the great pleasure of catching up with Ken Jensen from Frozen Wonderland and Ice Skating a while back. The Ice Skating Rink opens September 16 to October 2 with their first session commencing at 9:30 am and our Wide Bay Kids are itching to get there!
Ken would like you to know these 15 things before heading down to the rink.
15 Things Frozen Wonderland want YOU to know
- Bring fluffy 3/4 socks – make sure you don’t bring short ankle socks. You want your socks to come up higher than the skates so the skates not rub any skin off.
- Skate sizes – one bladed skates range in size from kids size 8 to adult size 15!
- Small Kids can use 2 bladed skates – small children who are just learning and have a shoe size between 8 and 12 can wear two bladed skates that strap to their sand shoes. Of course to use these you must bring your own sand shoes.
- Tobogganing will not be operating – sad news no tobogganing this time just ice skating
- No skate sharing – skates are not to be shared. Each person skating must have their own set of skates.
- Push Penguins for small kids – push penguins are available for hire at $10 per session for the littlies.
- Frozen Wonderland is not a Race Track – its designed as a place for children to learn to skate and to have fun. If you want to experience a faster tempo attend one of the evening sessions which has more of a disco atmosphere with lights and more adult participation.
- Cold drinks for purchase – there will be cold drinks for purchase at each session time.
- Plenty of seating – there is plenty of seating with chairs around two sides of the rink and a carpeted area one end of the rink.
- Eftpos is available – eftpos available on site.
- It’s free to watch – it’s free to watch only those skating need to pay.
- Wear lose fitting clothing – wear clothing that you can move around in easily, tights or long pants.
- Skate hire is included in the price – skate hire is included in the price you pay.
- Don’t leave it too late to come – don’t leave it till the last few days to come to a session the later in the holidays the more crowded it gets.
- No need to book – no need to book your session just turn up. All sessions are 1 1/2 hours duration
Here’s a few other little bits and pieces I thought you should know:
- Prams – plenty of room to bring the pram.
- Feed the kids before you go – there are only cold drinks available for purchase.
- Location – last time Frozen Wonderland visited Bundaberg they were located over North, this time they are over east at 31 Victoria Street.
I haven’t been ice skating since I was teenager so this could be interesting!!! Details on dates, times and prices are below.
When: 16th September to 2nd October
Session Times: 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm Evening Session: 7 to 8:30pm
Where: 31 Victoria Street, Bundaberg
Bookings: no need to book
Cost: A $18 | C 6-14 $16 | U5 $10 | Parent & Child U5 $22 | Family 2A & 2K 6-14 yrs $65 | Push Pengiuns $10 per session
For further information please contact Frozen Wonderland and Ice Skating