Our Bundaberg Beaches boast some of the most beautiful beaches in Australia. There are many to choose from with Bargara only 15 minutes from Bundaberg City. Elliott Heads, Moore Park, Burnett Heads, Innes Park, Mon Repos and Woodgate Beach all offer beautiful swimming and family fun areas. Why not grab a picnic and take the time to visit one of our lovely beaches……they all have something different to offer in the warm and cooler months.
In summer for us it’s all about keeping cool, we like to swim at Elliott Heads or one of the Bargara beaches, explore shady spots and play beach games in the late afternoon. In the cooler months we can’t get enough of the sun, we like to play in the sand, fly our kite and hit some of the great paths with our bikes, scooters, or skates.
Read our reviews of these Bundaberg Beaches
Going to the beach prepared for games beyond swimming and building sandcastles is the perfect recipe for the whole family to enjoy a great day out! Take a look at these ideas:
- dig a channel, make a dam or dig a hole
- make a sand sculpture
- search for driftwood, shells, seaweed or crabs
- look for shells with holes to make a necklace
- build a boat or car in the sand big enough to sit in, great for pretend play
- draw pictures in the sand
- build a “Sand” Man
- make Footprints
- play beach golf, volleyball, cricket or bowls
- throw a frisbee
- kick or throw a ball
- fly a kite
- play hide and seek or tiggy
- take a walk
- ride bikes, scooters or skate along the beach paths
There is so much fun to be had on our Bundaberg beaches why not organise with your friends or family to catch up this weekend and enjoy one of these great places right here in our own backyard!