Family Day Care Bundaberg Scheme Supports Families in a Home Setting
Family Day Care Bundaberg
Scheme supports families in a home setting
Supporting families through the provision of professional, quality child care in a home environment, that’s what Bundaberg Baptist Family Day Care Scheme has been offering local families for over 32 years now.
Executive Director, Kylie Rickard said that families in Bundaberg can access a range of service from the Family Day Care Scheme including:-
- Childcare for babies through to school age, including children with additional needs;
- Outside School Hours Care;
- School Holiday Vacation Care; and
- Overnight and Weekend Care.
“Our Family Day Care Service provides education and care for children from babies through to school age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location”, she said.
With over 50 Educators registered and operating in various suburbs in and around the Bundaberg region, families can access these services at locations and times that suit their needs.
“Being the only child care service in our region to be awarded with an Excellent rating from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority, the community can be assured that providing quality services to families is our highest priority”, Mrs Rickard said. “The Excellent rating is a credit to our dedicated Educators and Coordination Unit Staff”.
Family Day Care is a home based individualised care and education in safe, nurturing environments. Bundaberg Baptist Family Day Care Educators provide an accredited high quality childcare service, offering developmentally appropriate programs.
The Service also operates a number of other family centred services including:-
- a parenting and early education program, namely “HIPPY” which is a free home based parenting and early childhood enrichment program for families with children aged 3.5 to 4 years. HIPPY is home based, encouraging a love of learning and preparing children for school;
- Kids in Cars – a car seat installation and hire service for families living or visiting Bundaberg. Newborn capsules, car seats and booster seats available; and
- A community based kindy program – FDC Footprints Kindergarten – celebrating each child’s own unique personality and encouraging them to reach their greatest potential. FDC Footprints Kindergarten is a Government approved Kindergarten program rated Excellent by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
- View or download the Service Brochure here