Z is for Zebra
Submitted by Dianne Wills, Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery
Inspired by the current exhibition at BRAG, Wunderkammer – Cabinet of Wonders, kids can learn about animals, letters and colours – or they can just have fun with glue and paint!
1. Gather your materials. You will need 2 pieces of white paper, some black paint, a black marker,scissors, some black pipe cleaners, something to paint with like a sponge or brush, and a piece of construction paper.
2. Draw or have your child draw a fat Z
3. Draw a Zebra head, don’t worry about it being perfect!
4. Start painting the stripes.
5. Glue pipe cleaner pieces on as the mane, you could use paper strips or yarn for this too.
6. Cut the Z out
7. Glue everything onto a piece of construction paper