Assessment And Referral Team
Since 2020 the Assessment and Referral Team (ART) has supported more than 3000 Queenslanders with disability to access the NDIS, including over 3000 people who now have NDIS supports valued at $332 million.
The Queensland Government has provided $5.7 million to continue this work in 2022-23, focusing on children and young people aged 7 to 25 years.
The work will assist children and young people who:
- identify as First Nations, LGBTQIA+ or culturally and linguistically diverse
- are engaged in, or at risk of, entering the justice or child safety systems
- are disengaged from education or transitioning from school
- are young carers
- are experiencing, or at risk of, domestic and family violence, harm, homelessness or social isolation, or
- are living in regional, rural and remote communities.
ART can help with the NDIS application process for children and young people by:
- filling in forms and collecting medical evidence
- discussing the application with doctors and specialists
- facilitating clinical assessments where required
- submitting the application to the NDIS and tracking the application’s progress.