Bulk Billing Dentists in Bundaberg – Free Dental for Kids
Are your Wide Bay Kids eligible to receive free dental treatment?
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Covers part or the full cost of some basic dental services for children if you get certain payments from the government.
To get this your child must be all of the following:
- 0 to 17 years old for at least one day that calendar year
- eligible for Medicare
- getting a payment from us at least once a year, or have a parent getting a payment from us at least once a year.
Who can get it?
Check if your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
You don’t need to apply or register for CDBS. If your child is eligible you'll receive a letter.
Your child can get CDBS when all of the following applies:
- they're eligible for Medicare
- they're between 0 and 17 years old for at least one day that calendar year
- you or they get an eligible payment at least once that calendar year.
You can be either the child’s:
- parent or guardian
- approved care organisation.
If you’re a teenager and have a partner
You may be able to get CDBS in a calendar year when either:
- you’re 17 years old, or younger for at least one day that calendar year
- your partner gets an eligible payment from us.
How to know if your child can get CDBS this year.
Each January we check if your child is eligible for dental benefits. We keep checking during the year. If they’re eligible we’ll send you a letter. If you’re not sure, you can either:
Public Funded Oral Health Centres
In addition to the subsidised dental scheme, there’s publicly funded oral health centres, in Bundaberg, The Wide Bay Public Health Service is the place to go. These places also cover work that costs more than the thousand dollar limit. The wait times are usually lengthy and it is these centres that the Child Dental Benefits Schedule is looking to use for dental work for eligible children and adults – no more private dental work done locally by your own dentist if you qualify under the scheme.
Adult oral health services
- Bundaberg, Childers, Hervey Bay and Maryborough - 1300 300 850
- Gayndah Dental Clinic - (07) 4161 3525
Child and adolescent oral health services
- Bundaberg - (07) 4303 8059
- Hervey Bay and Maryborough (07) 4122 8861
- North Burnett Mobile Dental Van - 0417 752 343