Bundaberg School Holidays
Goodbye 2020!! Hello 2021...Bundaberg and surrounds comes back to life these school holidays with a full calendar of activities and events that are sure to keep the entire family entertained!
Please note that some events and activities require bookings so get in quick to secure your child's spot! Thanks to our wonderful sponsors who continue to support our Bundaberg School Holiday Guide. Please support those who support us.
School Holiday Pocket Guide (DOWNLOAD)
Each school holidays we put together a booklet detailing all the fantastic events, activities and things to do across the Bundaberg region.
Thanks again to our wonderful advertisers who continue to support the production of the School Holiday Pocket Guides. Please support those who support us.
Download your copy HERE! (available soon)
School Holiday Art Classes with Once Designs
Marvellous Makers ( 3 to 5 yrs)
Single Classes ($15 per class)
- Thursday, 17th December 9am to 9:45am (Christmas Craft)
- Thursday, 21 December 2pm to 2:45am (Painting)
Amazing Artists (5 to 12yrs)
Half Day Class ($60/student/class)
- Wednesday, 9 December 8am to 12pm
- Monday, 21 December 1pm to 5pm
- Morning/Afternoon Tea included
Single Classes ($15/$25/student/class)
- Wed, 16 Dec 9am to 10am (Christmas Cards) $15
- Wed, 16 Dec 10:30am to 11:30am (Acrylic Pour) $25
- Thur, 17 Dec 10am to 11am (Water Colour) $15
- Mon, 21 Dec 9am to 10am (Christmas Wreath) $25
- Mon, 21 Dec 10:30am to 11:30am (Canvas Painting) $20
- Tue, 22 Dec 9am to 10am (Christmas Craft) $15
- Tue, 22 Dec 10:30am to 11:30am (Craft) $15
- Wed, 20 Jan 9am to 10am (Craft) $15
- Wed, 20 Jan 10.30am to 11.30am (Canvas Painting $20
- Thurs, 21 Jan 9am to 10am (Sketching) $15
- Thurs, 21 Jan 10.30am-11.30am (Collage) $15
Australian Sugarcane Railway
The train runs from 9am with the last train departing at 3:30pm and is located within the Bundaberg Botanical Gardens, Mt Perry Road, North Bundaberg. Further information HERE.
** Please note the Railway does not have EFTPOS** Cash only.
- Adults $5
- School aged kids $2
- U5’s FREE
- Family $14 (2A 2+K)
During School Holidays the train will run:
- Fri 01 Jan 21 – Steam
- Sun 03 Jan 21 – Steam
- Tue 05 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Wed 06 Jan 21 – Steam
- Fri 08 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Sun 10 Jan 21 – Steam
- Tue 12 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Wed 13 Jan 21 – Steam
- Fri 15 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Sun 17 Jan 21 – Steam
- Tue 19 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Wed 20 Jan 21 – Steam
- Fri 22 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Sun 24 Jan 21 – Steam
- Tue 26 Jan 21 – Steam
- Wed 27 Jan 21 – Diesel
- Sun 31 Jan 21 –Diesel
12 Days of Christmas Program
Stay Tuned for the full program released soon!
Bundaberg Libraries School Holiday Activities
1.12.20 - 31.1.21
SUMMER READING CLUB – SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
Library hours. All ages at Childers, Gin Gin and Bundaberg Libraries
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL FOR ALL LIBRARY EVENTS
SESSIONS OPEN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO EVENTS
BUNDABERG LIBRARY: 49 Woondooma St, Bundaberg. 4130 4140
- MYO Foam Christmas Baskets. 15/16/17.12.20. 10am. Ages 5+
- Create Your Own Magical Creature.12.1.21. 10am. All Ages
- Science Experience Fun. 14.1.21. 10am. 6yrs+
- Story Art. 19.1.21. 10am. All ages.
- Creative Writing. 21.1.21. 10am. 6yrs+.
GIN GIN LIBRARY: 4 Dear St, Gin Gin. 4130 4620
- MYO Fairy Tale Carriage. 3.12.20. 3pm. All ages.
- Story Writing. 10.12.20. 3pm. 6yrs+.
- A Kid's Elfie Christmas Party. 17.12.20. 10am 5-12yrs.
- MYO Foam Christmas Baskets. 10am. 5yrs+
- MYO Story Box. 7.1.21. 3pm. 3yrs+
- Jack & the Parachute Challenge. 3pm. 6yrs+
- MYO Magical Creatures. 21.1.21. 3pm. All ages.
CHILDERS LIBRARY: 49 Churchill St, Childers. 4130 4650
- MYO Christmas Baskets. 17.12.20. 10.30am & 11.15am. 5yrs+.
- Mystery Book Choice Challenge. 13.1.21. 1.30pm. All ages.
- Story Art. 15.1.21. 10.30am. All ages
- Create your own Magical Creature. 20.1.21. 10.30am. All ages
Outdoor Movie Nights
Grab your tickets now!
Bundaberg 4 Dec: Allocation exhausted
Childers 5 Dec: https://bit.ly/2Imr2RU
Gin Gin 10 Dec: https://bit.ly/38tggEC
Bundaberg 18 Dec: Allocation exhausted
*Due to State Government COVID-19 restrictions tickets are strictly limited for each event. Available now until allocation exhausted.
Bullyard Hall Christmas Fair
- 6th December 2020 from 7am to 5pm
- Entry: Gold coin
- Bullyard Hall & Recreation Club, 2359 Bucca Road Bullyard
Bullyard Hall is hosting a community Christmas Fair with market stalls, food and drink vendors, rides, games and live bands all day. Santa will arrive with toys for the kids and lots more. If parents can afford to, please bring along a wrapped gift, clearly marked with child's full name to the value of $5-$10 (leave in Santa's sack at the entry gate).
Contact name: Merrilyn Lihs or Wendi Guy
Contact phone: 0414 429 973
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th December 2020 – 12th December 2020 between 7pm – 9pm
- Turn up any time from 7pm, challenges runs for approx 20mins
- Free local event
- Located at the Council Carpark, Cnr Woongarra and Maryborough Street, Bundaberg Central
- BOOK HERE
Cartoon Chaos | Interactive Challenge | Multimedia Installation
Lighting up Bundaberg this December will be Counterpilot’s multimedia social experiment Avoidable Perils, which will project colourful cartoon characters onto the former Improvements Fitness building. From hungry sharks to deadly laser beams, danger is imminent and the only person who can stop it is you. A game for the masses, this work explores activism in the attention economy, and the challenge of large-scale teamwork.
All you have to do to play is bring your own smartphone to watch this cartoon chaos unfold. The best part? This uber-cool exhibition is completely free to check out from December 8 -12. .
- Contact: Moncrieff Box Office
- Contact Number: (07) 4130 4100
- Email: email@example.com
Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Hinkler House Museum
Set in the beautiful Bundaberg Botanic Gardens, the Hinkler Hall of Aviation and Hinkler House brings to life the adventures and achievements of Australia's famous pioneer solo aviator Bert Hinkler.
Experience how life would have been for Bert through the interactive displays. Touch screens and hands-on interactive stations makes learning about Bert's record setting 1921 flight so much fun!
The Exhibition Hall consists of 20 exhibits including static, mechanical and high-tech displays, interactive attractions, artefacts, six aircraft and various public artworks. You can fly like Bert on one of the flight and glide simulators; watch Bert's life achievements and personal story in the globe movie theatrette; and sit in an Avro Baby aircraft replica.
For more visit:- https://widebaykids.com.au/bundaberg-hinkler-hall-of-aviation/
School Holiday Activities at the Bundaberg Botanic Gardens!
Limited spaces for holiday activities. Bookings are essential.
Bookings Opening Soon. Check back here.
- 11th January 2021
- It's Rocket Science - 9am to 10am
- Flight Club - 10.30am to 11.30am
- 12th January 2021
- Flight Club - 9am to 10am
- It's Rocket Science - 10.30am to 11.30am
FLIGHT CLUB: Discover the wonders of flight this summer at Flight Club! An action-packed holiday experience all about the scientific principles behind how and why things fly. Climb on board, strap into the flight harness and experience imagination-fuelled flights in a real life aircraft. Test your skills with our glider challenge and learn how to make your flying machine reach for the skies. Discover what makes air travel achievable with loads of immersive activities.
IT'S ROCKET SCIENCE: Calling all young scientists, budding engineers and space fanatics. Discover the wonders of rockets and space technology in this adrenaline fuelled holiday experience. Discover the secret to successful rocket flights, learn all about the scientific principles behind how and why things fly. Make a simple bottle rocket from recycled items then experience the spectacular fun of launching water propelled rockets to altitudes over 60 metres high… all from a simple soft drink bottle!
Botanic Gardens Kids Activity Trail
A great way to introduce kids to the Botanic Gardens by searching for shapes.
There are 10 activities to do in the Gardens, and then five more to do in the car or at home as well as a free drawing page.
Would you like to meet the Brazilian Silk floss tree, discover the King fern and learn about brush turkeys?
There are opportunities for drawing, matching, measuring, sketching, word find and decoding words.
Where can I pick the free booklets up at the Gardens?
Hinkler Hall of Aviation, Cafe 1928, the Bundaberg and District Historical Museum, or download the booklets below.
What should I bring?
Bring a pencil or pen to help you complete some of the activities, put on some sunscreen and don't forget your hat!
Pick up a FREE Kids Activity Trail booklet and pencil at Cafe 1928, Hinkler Hall of Aviation or the Bundaberg Historical Museum and head off on a Garden adventure!
Bundaberg Botanic Gardens is located on Mt Perry Road, North Bundaberg. For more visit:- https://widebaykids.com.au/bundaberg-botanic-gardens/
Splitters Farm! Day Tours & Camping
Splitters Farm is a caravan park & farm stay, 10 min drive north Bundaberg’s CBD.
A working cattle farm surrounded by lush tropical bushland & over 3kms of river frontage. The farm is also open 7days to day trippers offering self-guided farm tours.
Meet the animals of Splitters Farm! Self guided farm tours days!
- $18 Adults
- $12 Children (2-16 years)
- $5 Infants (under 2 years)
Bookings essnetial! www.splittersfarm.com.au
Chipmunks Payland & Cafe
Chipmunks is the perfect place to party and play all day. Chipmunks Bundaberg is open 7 days per week!
A kids entertainment centre like no other! Age zones, rides, slides and interactive activities!
- 1-2 Years $9.50
- 3-11 Years $12.50
- Under 1 & Adults FREE
Don't forget socks, including Supervising Adults.
Christmas hours are as follows:-
- Christmas Eve (24/12) 9am-2pm
- Christmas Day (25/12) Closed
- Boxing Day (26/12) Closed
- Sunday (27/12) 10am-4pm
- Monday Boxing Day Holidays (28/12) 10am-4pm
- Tuesday (29/12) & Wednesday (30/12) 9am-5pm
- New Years Eve 9am-3pm
- New Years Day Closed
Check our school holiday pocket guide for your $5 entry voucher! (Ts&Cs apply - see coupon for details).
Bundy Bowl & Leisure Centre
These School Holidays Bundy Bowl is celebrating! Open everyday over the December/January school holidays (except Christmas Day).
GET INTO THE TROPICAL DEALS! Great entertainment and activities on at Bundy Bowl & Leisure Centre these School Holidays.
**School Holiday deals are available from when school finishes on 12th December 2020 til 26 January 2021**
- SUMMER Tenpin Deals: $10 per person includes one game of ten pin + 2 arcade tokens (for families with children/teen only)
- TROPICAL Double Deals: $14 per person includes A. Wild West Shoot Out + Laser Tag + 2 arcade tokens or B. Jurassic Putt Putt + 30mins Slide/Playcentre + $2 arcade tokens
- TRIPLE Deals: $21 per person includes one game of ten pin + Laser Tag + either Wild West Shoot Out / Dodgem Ride / 30min Slide
- ULTIMATE Deals: $26.50 per person includes one game of ten pin + Laser Tag + Wild West Shoot Out + Dodgem Ride + Putt Putt + 30min Slide + $2 arcade tokens
SCHOOL HOLIDAY FUN!
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Giant Balloon Drops each day at 12 noon with giveaways
- Wild Wild West Shootout Gallery
- Dodgem car rides
- Galactic Laser Tag
- Giant Slide
- Under 5 Zoo Zone
- Arcade Games
- Glow in the dark Dinosaur Putt Putt
- NEW Escape Rooms!
- NEW Virtual Reality!
NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY GLOW PARTY: THURSDAY, 31 DECEMBER 2020
Times: 6pm - 10pm
Bookings: Essential phone 4152 4334.or purchase online.
JUNIOR LOCK-IN PARTY: SATURDAY, 16 JANUARY 2021
Times: 3pm - 6pm
Bookings: Essential phone 4152 4334.or purchase online.
Swimming Pools and Aquatic Centres
We love our local swimming pools!
Norville Park and Gin Gin Pools both have small water park play areas as well larger pools for swimming.
Norville and ANZAC Pools will often have inflatables on the water during school holidays and weekends (additional fee).
ANZAC Park Swimming Pool, 19 Quay Street, Bundaberg.
Norville Park Swimming Pool, Enterprise Street, Bundaberg.
Isis War Memorial Pool, 77 Churchill Street Childers.
Gin Gin Swimming Pool, 45 Sommerset Street Gin Gin.
Pools are open 7 days, closed Christmas Day. Check individual pools for operating hours.
- Bundaberg Pools $4.50A; $3.50C
- Gin Gin and Childers Pools: $3.50A; $2.50C
Bundaberg Swim Academy Intensive Holiday Lessons
$55 / Week
- Block 1: 14.12.20-18.12.20
- Block 2: 11.1.21-15.1.21
- Block 3: 18.1.21-22.1.21
Bundaberg Swimming Academy, 25 Fitzgerald St, Bundaberg.
- Bookings essential
- 4153 1963
DNA Aquatics Learn to Swim Holiday Block Lessons
$55 / Week
- Block 1: 14.12.20-18.12.20
- Block 2: 4.1.21-8.1.21
- Block 3: 11.1.21-15.1.21
- Block 4: 18.1.21-22.1.21
DNA Aquatics Learn to Swim, , Kepnock High Pool, Kepnock.
- Bookings essential
- 0466 034 503
Outdoor Art Room - Free School Holiday Fun
BE AN EXPLORER OF THE WORLD
3 WEEKS | 3 FREE ART ACTIVITIES
MONDAY - FRIDAY | 10AM - 1PM
BRAG PARK, 1 BAROLIN STREET, BUNDABERG
Week 1: 4 to 8 January Everything is Interesting
Week 2: 11 t0 15 January Proceed with Curiosity
Week 3: 18 to 22 January Expect the Unexpected
No bookings required! For more information visit www.artsbundaberg.com.au
Rhee Taekwondo COME & TRY OPEN DAY
Rhee Taekwondo Bundaberg are hosting their annual Come and Try Open Day on Saturday, 16 January 2021 between 9.30a, - 12pm.
They specialise in Martial Art for children and love teaching kids their left from their right and right from their wrong.
They will hold the open day at their Hall in Electra Street.
Spaces in the Workshop classes is limited and bookings are essential.
- 10am for 3 - 5 year olds
- 11am for 5 year olds +
Book now on 0413 941 641.
Rhee Taekwon Do is a nation wide Martial Arts School providing self defence instruction to students from as young as 3 years old. They are a non competition martial art that focuses on teaching students the important lessons like how to be a good person and really “win” in life without the trophies.
The class curriculum covers many core skills from Self Defence, focus and concentration, memory and self discipline to coordination, balance and fitness so that students can enjoy the wide ranging benefits of their learning.
Get Active - Tennis Clinics
- Monday, 18 January 2021
- Tuesday, 19 January 2021
- Wednesday, 20 January 2021
Bundaberg Junior Tennis Assoc, 69B George St, Bundaberg/
- 8am-10am for 5-12yrs
- 2.30pm-5pm for 12+yrs
0409520753 or 0407639824. Bookings essential.
Things to do in Bundaberg, Fraser Coast and North Burnett with Kids. Our Guide to child friendly Wide Bay.