Raise The Bar
Raise The Bar
Raise the Bar is an exciting residential camp program specifically for Indigenous secondary school students in years 10, 11 and 12 who aspire to participate in athletics and study at university. Athletics Australia, Queensland Athletics and Athletics North Queensland are pleased to announce our inaugural Raise the Bar Brisbane! Past participants have been about to build both athletics and early acceptance pathways into University.
By participating in the program, participants will:
- Gain knowledge and skills in athletics – (track and field) as both an athlete and a coach.
- Develop their community leadership potential and deepen their passion for athletics and sport.
- Be inspired to successfully complete secondary school and pursue further education.
- Gain knowledge and skills to pursue tertiary education pathways.
- Be mentored by current Australian Olympians and elite athletes.
- Connect with industry professionals
- Make connections with Indigenous business leaders and receive opportunities as a RTB participant
Up to 14 school students will be selected throughout Queensland to be part of the Raise the Bar Academy in Brisbane to be held between the 19 -23 September 22. All expenses, including travel (flights), accommodation, and food is covered by Athletics North Queensland.
Applications are now open and will close on 30 August 2022