What is plan management
If you are living in Bundaberg and have an NDIS plan or looking after someone who does Access Recreation may be able to help. Access Recreation opened in Bundaberg in 2021, after helping people with a disability for over 30 years in Rockhampton and surrounds. Access Recreation is a not-for-profit local organisation in Bundaberg striving to improve the quality of life for all people with a disability. Plan Management is one of the services provided by the local team, so we sat down with Bundaberg manager, Cirsty Murphy, to find out what plan management is and how you choose a plan manager the is right for you.
What is Plan management?
Plan management is when a provider supports you to manage funding in your NDIS plan. Providers are known as plan managers. A plan manager may help you:
- increase your financial and plan management skills
- learn how to self-manage your plan
- pay providers
- increase your choice of providers
- get NDIS plan budget reports and greater budget oversight.
How do I access Plan Management?
At your planning meeting let the NDIS representative know you would like a plan manager to support you. The NDIS will include funding in your plan to pay your plan manager fees. This is separate from your other services and supports in your budget. You can chose for plan management at anytime during your plan, simply talk to the team at Access Recreation.
How much does being plan managed cost?
Plan management fees are incorporated into your NDIS plan under the Improved Life Choices budget. There are no further out of pocket costs to you when you are plan managed with Access Recreation.
How do I change plan managers?
You can choose to change your plan manager at anytime. Talk with your current plan manager, they will provide you with information about your plan and help you to make the change.
Why choose Access Recreation Plan Management?
- They’re fast, Access Recreation will process your submitted invoices and get your providers paid promptly.
- You only deal with one person who understands you and your circumstances. You can speak directly to your Plan Manager at any time.
- You can trust them. All governance and policies are in place to ensure your plan is managed in accordance with NDIS guidelines.
- You remain with choice and control. You choose the provider of your choice, even if they are not registered with NDIS.
- Budget tracking, Access Recreation will automatically update your balance once invoices are paid, so you will always know how much you have spent and how much is left in your budget.
Access Recreation Plan Management can take the stress out of managing your NDIS plan and budget. They simplify the process by submitting claims to the NDIS portal, paying your invoices and assisting you with any NDIS related issues.
You choose your own supports, while they protect you by managing your money in a consistent and transparent way. Access Recreation provide access to your budget information in easy to read, understandable formats. They make plan management simple, so you have more time to do the things you want to do.
Access Recreation believes in creating a community of people to support a person with a disability. They do this differently for each client, it is not a one size fits all approach. Some techniques include; forming natural connections through mainstream community networks, fostering independence with tailored activities and programs or providing informal and formal support. This person centred approach is why many people in the Bundaberg community are choosing Access Recreation for disability support.
Learn more about how Access Recreation may be able to support you or a person in your life who has a disability. Contact them here.