10 must do local festivals not to miss!
10 Local Festivals Not To Miss!
From Agnes Water to Maryborough, you won't want to miss these festivals!
Grab the family and hit the road! You won't want to miss these ten local festivals happening soon across the Wide Bay region!
If you love to experience and explore our beautiful local region, then get along to one of these fantatic local festivals!
When: Between May and September 2019
Where: 1770/Agnes Water, Burnett Heads, Bundaberg, Childers, North Burnett, Hervey Bay and Maryborough!
24, 25, 26 May 2019
It’s all about the Surf, Soul and Sound at the 2019 Gladstone Region 1770 Festival!
With workshops, street parade, fun run, live music, kids rides, market stalls, food stalls, fireworks and more!
- Friday, 24th May 2019 | 4pm – 8pm at Air Sea Rescue Park, 1770
- Saturday, 25th May 2019 | 9am – 10pm at 1770 SES Grounds
- Sunday 25th May 2019 | 9am – 4pm at 1770 SES Grounds
Relish Fraser Coast
1 June 2019
On Saturday 1 June 2019, the annual Relish Food & Wine Festival will return with fresh new events, great food, local wine and live music.
Relish Fraser Coast is a gourmet experience showcasing regional wines and fine local produce. Maryborough’s heritage streetscapes and stunning riverside parks serve as the distinct backdrop for this celebration of local delicacies including mouth-watering Hervey Bay scallops and Fraser Island prawns.
- Celebrity chef
- Live cooking demonstrations
- Gourmet food stalls
- Visit the Gin Joint located in the basement of the heritage listed Bond Store
Taste Bundaberg Festival
May, June, July & August 2019
Held over four tasty weekends, Taste Bundaberg Festival is an invitation to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, pile plates high and leave glasses empty. Come, take a seat at The Great Bundaberg Feast.
- May Flavour | 3 - 6 May 2019
- June Flavour | 7 - 9 June 2019
- July Flavour | 5 - 7 July2019
- August Flavour | 16 - 18 August 2019
- Wine and Canapes on the River
- Feast on See
- The Big Bargara Breakfast
- Relax, Eat and Sip
- Chilli and Lime Fiesta
- Blues on the Burnett
- Bundy Flavours
- Family Feasting at Eleven Acres
- A Nourishing Pantry Tour
- Bundy Food Tours
- + so much more!
Bundaberg Yoga Festival
22 June 2019
Saturday, 22 June 2019 | 9am - 5pm | 3 Flint Street, Bundaberg
A nourishing day of yoga and relaxation to suit all levels of experience. The 2019 Bundaberg Yoga Festival will be a bliss-full day of yoga and is an opportunity to experience some of the Bundaberg region’s most experienced yoga teachers and their unique styles.
Workshops, classes and presentations are suitable for all levels. Delicious healthy food and drinks will be available for purchase on the day.
More than a yoga practice, this one-day event also features local festival stalls, showcasing exceptional mix of health and wellness offerings from the local community.
Mary Poppins Festival
29 June to 6 July 2019
The Mary Poppins Festival runs over the Winter School Holiday break.
This year’s festival presents a nine day program of storytelling for all ages through all art forms. From music concerts backstage and onstage at the Brolga to pop up performances in the Bond Store Basement.
Our artists share their stories through exhibitions and public art installations. Walk the streets and search the rooftops for some very special new surprises as part of the Maryborough Story Trails experience.
- Steamfesta! | Saturday, 29 June 2019 | 1pm - 4pm | Queens Park, Maryborough
- Poppins Street Party | Saturday, 29 June 2019 | 4pm - 9:30pm | Portside Precinct, Maryborough CBD
- Mary Poppins in the Park | Saturday, 6 July 2019 | 10am – 4pm | Queens Park, Maryborough
26, 27, 28 July 2019
The 2019 Childers Festival, is the only festival in Queensland that stops a highway, closing the mighty Bruce Highway! The festival transforms the highway into a gigantic food, market stall and entertainment hub, all staged between the heritage listed buildings and leopard tree lined streets of Childers.
In addition to the main Street Festival events on Saturday and Sunday, the Childers region will come to life with a long list of events and activities planned in the days before the festival weekend. We are excited to see the Isis Central Sugar Mill and Cane Fire Tours return this year! I’m also eager to see the Festival Picnic in the Vines at Vintners Secret Vineyard and the Historical Bus Tours on Saturday. We’ve put together a list of the events planned around Childers during the Childers Festival weekend. Some need booking so get in quick!
Thursday, 25th July Childers Festival Program
- Isis Central Sugar Mill and Cane Fire Tour.
Friday, 26th July Childers Festival Program
- Isis Central Sugar Mill and Cane Fire Tour.
- Childers Festival Dinner.
Saturday, 27th July Childers Festival Program
- Arts in the Park. 9am to 2pm. Millennium Park. Free event.
- Paragon Theatre Tour. 10.30am – 2pm.
- The Festival Picnic in the Vines. 11am – 2pm.
- Childers Historical Bus Tour. 12.30pm – 2pm.
- Childers Festival – Saturday Street Party. 2pm til late pm.
- Opera by the Lake. 3pm – 5pm. Lake Redbrook Holiday Retreat.
- Multicultural Mass. 6pm.
Sunday, 28th July Childers Festival Program
- Childers Festival – Festival Day
- 125 Years Celebration – Gaydon’s Building
Hervey Bay Seafood Festival
11 August 2019
Sunday, August 11th 2019 | Fishermens Park, Urangan
Taste | Listen | Watch
Love seafood! Then join us at the only seafood festival in Australia managed by the men and women who catch it for you. Celebrate, relax and feast with the seafood industry in Fishermens Park Urangan. Enjoy the flavours of the sea with a tantalising range of seafood dishes from some of the best restaurants and from the fishermen’s own stall for that unique fisherman to festival plate experience. Where the story of local seafood is told like nowhere else in the land.
Moore Park Beach Arts Festival
17 & 18 August 2019
Friday, 16 August
Saturday, 17 August 2019 | 9am am to 7pm
Sunday, 18 August 2019 | 9am to 3pm
20th Anniversary Celebration!
This FREE family event is over 2 days with arts, music, demonstrations, workshops and stalls !!! Make sure the whole family come's down and enjoy the wonderful scenery that Moore Park Beach has to offer.
24 August 2019
Saturday 24th August 2019 | 10am to 5pm, | Bundaberg Port Marina
A community event from the Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise.
Held in the picturesque Port Marina precinct, Oceanfest Bundaberg focuses on quality, local seafood, local wines, local beers, themed entertainment and a range of ocean orientated attractions, displays, demonstrations and workshops for all members of the family.
This event promotes the local, wild catch seafood, harvested from the Southern Great Barrier Reef and Bundaberg waters. Developed by the Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise, this event will demonstrate how proud the Bundaberg community is of our seafood industry, our tourism industry and the Bundaberg North Burnett area.
- Plays and performances from the Playhouse Youth Theatre
- Ocean-themed art & craft workshops
- Local seafood, restaurants and take-away food
- Environmental and educational groups
- Arts, culture and performances
- Tourism organisations and operators
- Amusement rides and events for kids
- Recreational fishing, sailing and other ocean activities
- Commercial fishing, boating and beachware
- Local history
- Live entertainment
20, 21, 22 September 2019
20, 21, 22 September 2019 | North Burnett
The Heartland Festival is earthy and delicious and a little bit country. Boasting fine wine, gourmet food, art, flowers and entertainment, this 3-day culinary tourism event is one not to miss.
From wine & cheese evenings to delicious dining experiences and farm tours to Saturday’s incredible Market Day, there will be many opportunities to taste the region and all things ‘made, grown and produced in the North Burnett’.
- Welcome Wine and Cheese
- Heartland Festival Market Day
- Brushes, Blooms and Bubbly
- Heartland Festival Food Bowl
- Family Picnic
- Happy Valley Diary Tour