Back to School Tips
Back To School Tips
Back to School Tips: Summer holidays are wonderful, time just seems to stretch on and on with no particular structure to the day, doing things when the mood takes you and those lazy afternoon listening to cicadas as you doze on the lounge. Like all holidays they must come to an end and with the start of the school year only days away now is the time to finalise your preparations. Here are my top 6 tips to ensure an organised return to school.
Here are my Back to School Tips:
- Start next week by re-establishing your routine or creating a new routine. You can do this by planning activities that start at the same time as school. This will also give you a reason why bedtime has to return to the appropriate time depending on sleeping patterns of various children.
- Plan to have a picnic out and this will help establish the nightly or morning routine of preparing food for the day. This also gets the kids into the mindset of thinking about what they want to eat for the day, drinks should be included.
- What chores are the children now old enough to start giving you a hand with? This means that you should be able to have more quality time in the morning to spend with the kids. Remember for this week to keep it light and fun, keep making small but subtle changes over the week to slowly re-introduce a routine for school. Come the first week of school it should not be a mission to keep the momentum going.
- Finalise your purchases of books, bags and other paraphernalia if you have not done so already. Have a trail run of packing and unpacking of school bag so you know that it will all fit and that you have homes for all items, including the school bag.
- Uniforms do these have a home? In the evening check that everything is there (or this could be a job for the kids), then kids know where to find things in the morning and where to put things in the afternoon. This will decrease the time spent looking for 1 shoe when you only have 5 minutes to school bell time.
- Children love to help so make sure you allow extra time to involve them in discussion and decision making process, this might mean a different way for each child. Depending on age this might be as simple as picking the colour of their bag, to helping design and make their bag station for school.
We would love to hear how you manage the start of school year, call 07 4151 8791 if you want to Organise Your… dumping zone either call or email email@example.com Also see Noela’s Organise Your… Facebook pages
This article was written by Noela Collins from Organise Your…