Back to School
Preparation is Key! Here are some tips on succeeding at Day 1 of School we found on Finder. Follow these steps two weeks in advance so you and your children can be confident of going back to school stress-free.
Two weeks prior to school
- Get your children's rooms and study tables organised to provide a practical and cosy environment.
- Review your children's basic learnings and refresh them for school.
- Start your children on their school year routines including studying and sleeping time.
- Visit your children's schools and locate the front office, toilets, classrooms, gym, playground and cafeteria.
One week prior to school
- Continue with the routine you have started for your children and include an eating schedule.
- Arrange your children's belongings in designated areas and place them in specific compartments for easy access.
- Prepare a menu of your children's favourite foods and have varied options for each meal.
- Check your children's supplies and make sure you've bought everything you need.
Five days prior to school
- Schedule your children's haircuts.
- Work out your children's schedules, including all extra-curricular activities, to keep yourself organised and make sure your children never miss an event.
Two days prior to school
- Shop for your children's meals for the first week of school. Make sure to prepare your children's favourite foods to keep them full and energised. It's also a good idea to plan and shop for healthy snacks.
One day prior to school
- Pack your children's backpacks the day before.
- Prepare clothes and uniforms and iron them.
- Charge your camera to capture the most exciting moments of the first day of school.
- Prepare your children's lunches and snacks.
- Set the alarm clock so your children will be on time for school.
First day of school
- Make sure everything is ready to go and don't forget to give any last-minute reminders to your children for their wellbeing and safety.
- Give them sweet words of advice so they can enjoy their first day of school.