Bundaberg Family Allied Health Services
Pivot21 Allied Health Services in Bundaberg delivers a range of services for everyone in the community. You will find the team of professionals at Pivot21 within the IWC Health and Wellbeing complex on Barolin Street providing a person centred approach to Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology and Dietetics.
Using mobilisation, manipulation and trigger point therapies in conjunction with taping techniques and exercise-based rehabilitation.
Musculoskeletal & Orthopaedic Physiotherapy: The Physiotherapists are knowledgeable on a variety of musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions, as well as the most up-to-date evidence-based practice for rehabilitation.
Sports Rehabilitation: The Physiotherapists assist in the prevention and management of injuries resulting from sport and exercise participation and provide evidence-based advice on safe participation in sport and exercise.
Women's Health: The professional team offer treatment for a variety of women’s health concerns, including bladder, bowel, and pelvic floor disorders, as well as pregnancy concerns and postpartum care.
Paediatrics: The Physiotherapists assess and treat a wide variety of health issues in our paediatric patients. We offer early intervention for children from different walks of like who may have developmental delays, sporting injuries or various other conditions.
Rehabilitation & Pain Management: At Pivot 21 we understand pain, specifically complex and chronic pain. Ongoing pain can hugely affect your life, especially your body, mind and quality of life. Through a holistic approach, our physiotherapists can provide you with the advice, education, and treatment to manage your pain effectively.
For adults, teens, children and babies who have a developmental language disorder (DLD) and need support to talk and understand others and communicate effectively. People who have difficulties with their speech including childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) Neurodiverse people.
Certified Speech Pathologist Anna Bennett is based at Pivot21 in the IWC Health & Wellbeing Complex. You do not need a referral from a GP to book a time with the Speech Therapist. Pivot 21 Speech Pathology is offered to adults, teens, children and babies. Some examples of people who may benefit from speech pathology services include:
- An adult who has problems with their swallow
- A baby who has difficulties with feeding
- A paediatric client who is late talking
- An adolescent who is having difficulties with reading, writing and/or spelling
- A person of any age who may have difficulties in a social context
- Any person with a brain injury who has swallowing and/or communication difficulties
- A child or adult with problems relating to their voice
- An individual aged over three years who stutters
- A person with a hearing impairment
- A person with developmental or cognitive language delays or disorders
- A person who has difficulties with speech sounds
The team of Accredited Practising Dieticians understand that each person they see is an individual person, with their own unique lifestyle, needs, desires and goals. In addition to general diet and nutritional support, our Accredited Practising Dieticians can work with your GP, Specialist, Health Worker or Allied Health Professional and offer nutritional advice. The team use practical strategies developed alongside clients to achieve the desired outcomes for:
- Chronic Disease Management (CDM)
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational)
- Weight Management
- Healthy at every size approach
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Gastrointestinal issues
- General Health
- Bariatric Surgery
- Eating Disorders
- Women’s Health
- Paediatrics/Children’s Health
Learn more about the services from Pivot21 Allied Health Services in Bundaberg contact them here.