One Book One Bundy is an exciting community engagement project initiated by the Bundaberg Family and Baby Network working in collaboration with the Bundaberg Library First Five Forever Project and the broader community of Bundaberg.
This project promotes early language and literacy across an entire year using the book Hattie and the Fox by Mem Fox. The focus is to raise broad awareness of the importance of early language and literacy development and building relationships between parents and children around literacy.
How to join in
- Register for your farmyard kit by emailing us HERE
- Participate! Run a themed literacy activity around Hattie and the Fox!
- Use the resources that we provide you. The Bundaberg Library will also have some Hattie and Fox kits that you may borrow. These kits will include, books, puppets, costumes, masks. The Family and Baby Network have also created this great resource guide. Use the ideas!
- Share the fun! Email us your photos and upload them to social media using the hashtags #onebookonebundy and #bundyturnshattie
Get your farmyard kit
Register for your farmyard kit. Once you receive your kit use it to decorate your space and create an area (or barn) for Hattie and her animal friends. The kit will include:-
- Barnyard banner and bunting
- Animal colouring sheets
- Digital images
Run an activity
You are encouraged you to run an activity for your child or group of children you work or engage with. If you need inspiration your farmyard kit will include some example activities and resources to get you started.
Ultimately we would love to see you be creative with the activities you run around the Hattie and the Fox book concepts. We want this to be an open, creative and fun process for all.
- Take photos of your activities and share them with your community, for example through newsletters and social media
- Display artworks within your homes, organisations and business shop windows
- Run activities in public spaces inviting families to participate
- Create public art activities and display pieces throughout our community (like yarn bombing or large scale animal scenes)
- Create social stories by using the hashtags #onebookonebundy and #bundyturnshattie on social media and share your activities with the community (remember to set your privacy to public for these images)
- Post your photos to our social pages on Facebook (Bundaberg Regional Libraries and Wide Bay Kids) and Instagram (@bundyLib; @bundyfirst5forever; @widebaykids) so they can be shared within our community
- Email us your photos and we will share them to our social media pages, through community newsletters and the media (there will be prizes up for grabs!).
When should I run my activity?
We would like you to run, share and display your activities between August 2015 and August 2016.
Where can I get more information?
Contact us via email