Bundaberg Swimming Academy and Swim School
Bundaberg Swimming Academy
Swimming Facilites Bundaberg
Bundaberg Swimming Academy offers a full range of swim programs for babies, children, teenagers and adults. Our facilities include an indoor 25m lap pool, an outdoor heated 25m lap pool, an indoor hydrotherapy pool (ideal for our babies lessons) and an outdoor heated water park. Our program operates all year round with a brief break at Easter and a two week break in the swim programs over the Christmas New Year period. The centre however remains open to allow public assess to our fantastic facilities.
Bundaberg Swimming Academy Philosophy
We aim to offer you a supportive, clean, comfortable, safe and friendly swim centre.
Our philosophy is to offer to every child the opportunity to learn to swim in a friendly and professional environment where they can each feel special and learn at their own
pace. We believe that every child should leave our pool feeling good about themselves and wanting to return to learn more. If that is the case then our staff have done a great job!
We offer a large program from babies through to adult learn to swim classes, including stroke development groups. We also offer training squads and aqua fitness class sessions for all levels.
Our classes work with a minimum number of students of similar ability. This enables the swimmer to easily achieve the set goals for each level. Our program progresses swimmers through our levels as soon as they have achieved certain skills and finally encouraging them to swim with our Junior squad and join Fairymead Swimming Club. This format encourages the swimmer and parent to remain in the program, participating in swimming as a weekly, all year round activity that they can enjoy together.
Bundaberg Swimming Academy Programs:
Babies & Toddlers
Educational water familiarisation program, helping to develop:
– Water confidence & mobility
– Breath control
– Survival skills
- Fun classes with water games and songs
- 3 levels, from 6 months – 3 years
- 30-minute classes
- First lesson free!
Learn to Swim
- Five levels, from beginners to mini-squad
- Indoor heated facilities: year round program
- Small class sizes
- Classes run morning, afternoon, and Saturday
- From 3 years of age
- Fully qualified instructors
- Ability-based classes: children’s progress is monitored and adjusted as needed.
- Private lessons are available when a suitable lesson time is available. These can provide 1-on-1 teaching which is great to get up to speed.
- 4 qualified coaches, including Paul Simms & Scott Hamlet (Silver Level coaches)
- Train Monday – Saturday: from 1 – 10 sessions per week (as often as you want)
- Caters for all levels: Developing to Nationals
- Held during school holidays
- One lesson per day for 5 days (same teacher)
- Children’s skills dramatically improve
- One week of intensives can often be better than 10 weekly lessons
A range of classes are held in our indoor 25 metre heated pool. They have many benefits:
– Buoyancy allows for easier exercises compared to dry land
– Water resistance helps tone muscles
– A good workout for the heart, muscles, joints and mind
Our program caters for all fitness levels and abilities
Our facilities are available for lap and recreational swimming; please see website for availability. www.bundabergswimacademy.com
Parties & Water Park
Our waterpark caters for children 10 & under; it’s a favourite with many families for children’s parties. Other pools can also be used for parties for older children or adults.