Things to do when its COLD
Things to do with your family at Home
When its cold sometimes we couldn't imagine going outside, so here are some ideas of how your family can occupy yourselves in the comfort of your own home in the colder months.
- Make Hot Chocolate: weather is a homemade recipe or instant powder, a nice warm mug of hot chocolate can make any cold day fun and cosy.
- Learn a New Recipe: cooking and can bring joy to the whole family, and learning a new recipe together can be a great way to bond while teaching your kids new skills.
- Try Scrapbooking: capturing your family memories with colourful tape and stickers can be a fun way to reminisce why escaping the cold.
- Movie Night: get the warm pjs and the popcorn and enjoy snuggling up to watch a movie or two with your family.
- Read a Book: bundle up with your family and read a book to your littles or just enjoy each others company as each read your own book.
- Camp Inside: get out the pillows and blankets and build a fort in the living room to camp out inside for the night, eat marshmallows and tell scary stories.
- Pick up a New Hobby: picking up a new hobby is a great way to pass the time. Try out knitting for the added bonus of a warm scarf or hat to get you through those colder days.
- Game Night: pull out the board games or even a puzzle for some fun with the family.
- Cook a Warming Meal: dig out the family soup recipe, or get try a new stew in the crockpot to have a tasty treat to warm your family up.
Top 9 Free things to do in Wide Bay
With the cool season approaching, we've put together this list of free things to do to beat the cold which includes 9 things to do when its cold with your family in the Wide Bay.
If you are looking for more inspiration, check out our list of 50 Free things to do with kids in Bundaberg
- Go for a Bike Ride - Here are some of our favourite rides to do with kids in the Wide Bay
- Make an outdoor fire pit, collect sticks and wood for your fire pit and toast marshmallow over your fire
- Climb Mt Walsh - Challenge the family to a hike, even making it to Utopia Rock Pools is worth it.
- Walk along one of our many coast line walking tracks in Bargara, Burnett Heads, Moore Park, Elliott Heads, Innes Park or Woodgate
- Explore one of the many nature parks in our region
- Play a game of cricket
- Visit one of our many playgrounds in the region, here is a list of our favourite playgrounds
- Go to the Pump Bike Track
- Visit one of the Skate Parks or Rink